We hope you find this advice helpful as you work to resolve the problem with “How to Fix Start Button Not Working on Frigidaire Dishwasher?”. You have found the proper site if the start button on your Frigidaire dishwasher is malfunctioning. In this article, we will show you how to fix this annoying issue in a systematic way. Given how integral a dishwasher is to your everyday life, we won’t waste any time getting to the bottom of any dishwasher problems.
How to Fix Start Button Not Working on Frigidaire Dishwasher?
Restart the Dishwasher’s Power Supply
If your Frigidaire dishwasher won’t turn on when you press the start button, trying restarting the appliance is the first and easiest step you can do. Just do what I say:
- Find the power cord for the dishwasher and remove it from the wall outlet.
- You should unplug it for around 10 minutes to be sure all the electricity has been drained.
- Dishwasher, please plug back in.
- Press the start button one more.
- The start button may return to normal operation when a power cycle has been performed.
Make Sure the Control Lock is On
A control lock is standard on all Frigidaire dishwashers, so you can’t mess with the settings by accident. The power button may stop responding if the control lock is activated. Here’s how to verify if the control lock has been removed:
- Find the button labeled “Control Lock” on your dishwasher’s panel.
- To disable the control lock, press and hold the button for three to five seconds, or until the “Control Lock” notice vanishes from the screen.
- If you’ve already fixed the problem, try pressing the start button again.
Examine the Door Latch
- The failure of the door latch to engage can also render the starter button inoperable. Checking the door latch entails doing the following actions.
- Pull the dishwasher’s door open to check the latch for misalignment or other damage.
- Any malfunctioning components, like a broken latch or misaligned strike plate, should be repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
- For further information on replacing the door latch components, please refer to the user handbook for your Frigidaire dishwasher or get in touch with customer service.
Make Sure You Have Adequate Water
Problems with the start button, among others, can be caused by a lack of water. See to it that these happen:
- Make sure the dishwasher’s water supply valve is wide open.
- Make sure the water pressure is within the manual’s suggested parameters.
- Make that there are no obstructions or kinks in the water inlet hose that could prevent water from entering the device.
- If your Frigidaire dishwasher isn’t getting a steady supply of water, check for and fix any potential problems.
Reset the Integrated Circuit
When everything else fails, try resetting the dishwasher’s control board to see if it helps. To reset the control board, follow these steps:
- Find the circuit breaker that controls the electricity to the dishwasher.
- Put the dishwasher’s breaker switch in the “Off” position.
- Switch the breaker back to the “On” position after waiting five minutes.
- Check that the start button still works by pressing it again.
We hope this information was useful in diagnosing and resolving the problem with your Frigidaire dishwasher’s start button. If your dishwasher’s start button has stopped working, you can get it working again by following the procedures mentioned above.
If the issue still persists after you’ve tried everything we’ve suggested, however, you should get in touch with Frigidaire’s customer care or arrange for a service appointment with a qualified technician.
Keep in mind that a well-maintained dishwasher will clean more thoroughly and quickly, saving you both time and effort.